NAHDAP recently released updates to the PATH Study PUF. The updates consist of the following changes:
- Data and documentation for all files except the weight files were updated to reflect participants who requested to be withdrawn from the study, these participants are not removed, but indicated by Special Missing (-97777).
- Data and documentation for eight Wave 4 datasets were added:
- Wave 4: Adult Questionnaire Data (DS4001)
- Wave 4: Youth / Parent Questionnaire Data (DS4002)
- Wave 4: Adult – Wave 1 Cohort All-Waves Weights (DS4101)
- Wave 4: Adult – Wave 1 Cohort Single-Wave Weights (DS4102)
- Wave 4: Adult – Wave 4 Cohort Cross-Sectional Weights (DS4103)
- Wave 4: Youth / Parent – Wave 1 Cohort All-Waves Weights (DS4201)
- Wave 4: Youth / Parent – Wave 1 Cohort Single-Wave Weights (DS4202)
- Wave 4: Youth / Parent – Wave 4 Cohort Cross-Sectional Weights (DS4203)
- Master Linkage File was updated to reflect the addition of Wave 4 datasets.
- New derived variables indicating Lifetime Threshold of Use were added to data files in Waves 1, 2, and 3.
Four study-level files (User Guide, Tobacco Brand and Product Guide, and the Adult and Youth Variable Crosswalks) were updated to include Wave 4 information. These files were also updated for 508 compliance.
Please review the PUF Version History for additional information on changes.
We ask that you delete any previously-downloaded versions of these datasets and replace them with the most up-to-date versions. To obtain the PUF data and documentation, use this link, https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR36498. Below are a few helpful notes to keep in mind as you do so.
- The names of updated files will remain the same as previous releases.
- This update should not affect reading the data into a statistical package using your existing syntax files.
- The small amount of information changed should not affect analytic utility.
Please email any questions to us using the email address, email@example.com.